Saturday, January 5, 2013

DIY Utensil Art


Here is another simple project that I recently finished for our kitchen.  It was very easy and cheap to make.

Here is what you need:


3 8x10 frames (Mine came from Joann Fabric)
Glitter scrapbook paper (Also from Joann Fabric)
Plastic utensils or regular utensil that are spray painted white
(I ended up using regular utensils that I bought at Walmart)
Hot glue gun & Glue
Mod Podge (not pictured)


Start out by cutting your scrapbook paper to fit your frame.  I used the insert they put in the frames as a template.


On the cardboard backing of the frame, Mod Podge the scrapbook paper to the inside (the part where the picture sits in front of).


Once the paper is dry, put the frames together and layout your utensils in a pattern that you like.  (Note, the glass for the frame isn't needed so you can discard it or keep it for a future project)


When you are satisfied with the spacing and pattern of the utensils, go ahead and hot glue them into place.  When they dry, they are ready to hang.


Here are the 3 that I made hanging on the other side of our soffit above our cabinets.  You can find out about the Yummy string art here.  I hung 2 photographs that I took of food on the soffit too.

I am still working on the kitchen.  I have to make an impromptu trip to another Ikea since I found out that our small Ikea doesn't carry something that I needed for my kitchen.  So that will delay my kitchen reveal unfortunately.  

The good news is that I bought all the rest of the furniture I needed for my office/craft room a couple of days ago.  I will be spending all day today putting together Expedit's and Billy's.  A lot of progress will be made on that room after today.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you soon.