Thursday, November 8, 2012

DIY Throw Blanket

I am still hard at work on my kitchen.  It is a slow process right now.  This weekend is suppose to be in the 60's.  So hopefully, we can get the new counter tops in and the moulding onto the cabinet doors.  In the meantime, I thought I could show you the last tutorial for our bedroom.
 
This throw blanket was the easiest project in the room.
 

Here is what you need:
 
Red minky cuddle fabric (you can use any type of soft fabric)
Black anti pill fleece
Black thread
Pins
Sewing machine   

In my small house, it was very difficult to find a big enough open space to layout the fabrics to pin.  I ended up doing it on our bed and it was kind of a pain.  So I didn't take pictures.  I apologize.  Just layout the fabrics on top of each other.  Make sure that the fabrics backside is on the outside.  I wasn't sure if the fleece had a backside,  both sides looked the same.  Either way, the furry side of the red fabric was facing down.  
 
I pinned the 3 sides of the fabric together.  If your fabrics aren't the same width, you will have to cut them first.  My fabrics were close but still needed cut.

Sew the 3 sides with your sewing machine.

When that is done, turn the throw blanket inside out.  I looked at how a throw I purchased for our living room was finished.  To me, it looked like they folded the unfinished side about an inch and sewed that down.  So that is what I did.


That is it.  I was really impressed with it.  It looked exactly like something you would buy in a store.  It is very warm and soft and perfect for a cold night.  The dogs really love it as well.
 
I will try to get to a few posts about some kitchen projects soon.  Please come back to see those.  Thanks for stopping by.