Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Design Style

My style is a mix of Modern Baroque and Hollywood Regency.

What is Modern Baroque?

Modern Baroque is a modern take on classic baroque.  Modern baroque mixes ornate furnishings, crystal chandeliers and luxurious fabrics with modern elements of contemporary interior design.

Here are a few of my favorite modern baroque rooms:












What is Hollywood Regency?


Hollywood Regency is all about glitz and glamour.  The style uses a lot of bright, glossy colors on furniture.  Elegant sofas made of soft velvet, heavily ornate mirrors, art deco fabric patterns, lacquered and mirrored surface and fretwork are prominent features.

Here are a few Hollywood Regency rooms that I love...








 Kelly Wearstler




As I post more images of our home, you will see the mix of these 2 design styles the way I interpreted it.  Both styles are extravagant and that can mean expensive.  But I manage to incorporate these styles on a tight budget by doing a lot of d.i.y. projects.


Let me know what you think of these design styles.  They are definitely not for everyone.




2 comments:

  1. I love both these styles! I found you through Lilikoi Joy. I'm your newest follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite style too. I especially love the first and last bedroom photo.

    ReplyDelete