Monday, April 23, 2012

Our Home

Here is our home.  My husband purchased this house before we met.  It had belonged to his sister.  When she moved out, he moved in.

My husband has great taste obviously (because he likes me).  But he had only focused on one room in the house, the bedroom.  I was surprisingly very happy with what he did to the room.  It just needed a little tweaking.  So a few months ago we decided to do the tweaking.  We took out the stained beige carpet and replaced it with a laminate floor in a medium brown wood.  We also took out the closet in order to rearrange the furniture to make space for additional closet space.  My clothes, sadly, were in another room in the house.  The bedroom is about 90 percent done and I will do a bedroom reveal as soon as it is complete.

The rest of the house was left the way my sister-in-law had left it.  She is more traditional than I am in her decorating.  My style is very modern baroque (hence the name of the blog).  So I wanted to make a lot of changes.

It has been a slow process, but most rooms have been at least started.  We have yet to touch the kitchen, bathroom and basement.  All of these rooms are on the list of upcoming projects.

I have before pictures of all of these rooms.  I will post them with each room reveal.

By the way, the outside of the house hasn't been touched either.  We have made a few landscaping changes in the yard.  But other than that, the outside of the house needs major work.  Sorry to subject you to the horrible picture of our house.